Tuesday, May 11, 2010

When I try to talk to my parents about getting me a hamster they just slam the door. How am I supposed to ask?

I really want a hamster, but my parents will never talk about it.When I try to talk to my parents about getting me a hamster they just slam the door. How am I supposed to ask?
I can tell that you have your heart set on a hamster, but maybe your parents just aren't fond the animal. Try asking for another rodent such as mice, rats, gerbils, or guinea pigs. You could also ask for rabbits or ferrets.





Anyway, to answer your question, I would just approach them one and one and really explain to them why you want the hamster and what you are willing to do to get it, and what you are going to do for it once you get it. My parents always say no when I say things like ';Mom, I want a hamster'; but when I approach them and say things like ';Mom, I really want a rat and I'll be totally devoted to it, blah blah blah'; she considers it until I nag about it again.





Good luck!When I try to talk to my parents about getting me a hamster they just slam the door. How am I supposed to ask?
If you eat dinner talk about it to them then. Or in the car. Be persistant, but not a whiny or a pest about it. Good Luck!
Your parents sound very mature.
Hamsters are not the best pets, gerbils are better and I know people with rats that are like a part of the family.Guinea Pigs smell, but they're nicer as well. Do some research and THEN talk to your parents.
well when you are in a real conversation bring it up slowly. Dont be in their face begging...just dont. You have to give them reasons, like i will clean the cage once a week, and i will feed him or her every day. never just say i want it. because when you get it you really do have to take care of it,and you cant just then make your mom do all the work after you get it.
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment