Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I go about getting my parents loan on my car transferred to a dealer when I trade it in?

They lives states away yet I have their permission. What do I need to do at the dealer when I ask to trade in the truck and add the remainder of the loan to my new car loan?How do I go about getting my parents loan on my car transferred to a dealer when I trade it in?
The first thing you do is get smart about your finances. read all teh posts I have in here regarding people upside down on their cars. Adding negative equity to a new car loan is a step to financial disaster.





If you cannot be dissuaded from making this mistake, then geting them to sign off is not hard. Make the deal with the dealer. They will have to fed-ex the contracts to your parents for signatures. Then they send them back.





But again - look at the people I have answered for in the past. Rolling negative from one car to another only results in you getting further behind the fiancial curve. You will be even more upside down on the next car, for much longer. I have talked to people as much as $15,000 upside down as a result of doing this.





Buy smartHow do I go about getting my parents loan on my car transferred to a dealer when I trade it in?
Please take care - there are scammers on Y!A who actively seek out questions like yours and then offer loans but are scammers





Here are some tips for determining whether a loan is legitimate or a scam:


1) They don't use a free email address (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc)


2) They have a secure website you can go to to fill out their application (and no excuses about it being down at the moment)


3) They don't require ANY fees upfront (regardless of whatever excuse they use). Any fees will come out of proceeds of the loan (scammers want their fees via Western Union or Moneygram)


4) They have a REAL address (check it in the yellow pages) you can send mail to


5) They have a REAL phone number, not a cell phone





Often if you click on their profile you will find it is created in the last 24 hours - why? Because they are reported, profile closed down, but they simply create a new profile and start up again





Save yourself another headache and avoid them like the plague. The one from Lucky C (Rev. Peter White) above my post is a prime example of what I mean.... do not go anywhere near it.
Nothing. The dealer will take care of the details. Depending on how much you still owe on the trade, and its current fair market value, you *could* be making a giant mistake trading up. You could end up very far in debt and upside down, owing far more than the worth of the new vehicle.





It's never a good idea to roll a balance over into a new loan.
Hi when you do your trade in the dealer will take care of all that for you if he is any good . if he dont want to take your buisness elsewhere ok

No comments:

Post a Comment