Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can I call animal control because my parents refuse to put my dog down?

My dog is 16 and a half, she has lost all house training, she can barely walk, her legs are seriously shot, and sometimes I see her sitting somewhere, staring at the ground as if she's depressed. A few times I have seen her drag herself across the floor on her front legs, she sits with both her legs to one side (instead of underneath her), she'll get stuck in places and cry out for help... She even trips CONSTANTLY.Can I call animal control because my parents refuse to put my dog down?
I think you should call her vet and explain the situation just like you have here. Let the vet know how upset it is making you and ask if they would place a call to your parents and perhaps explain the options. I think it is horribly unfair to let an animal suffer like that. If she has no quality to her life, it is selfish and cruel to keep her living because it would hurt your feelings. What about her feelings? Dogs feel pain and we, as their caretakers, need to decide when the pain is too much and the peacefull, merciful option is to be with her at the end as she goes quietly and painlessly into the final sleep. It is hard to do, of course, but I feel it is harder to see your pet suffer every moment of her life. Be strong and hope for the best. My prayers are with you and your dog.Can I call animal control because my parents refuse to put my dog down?
Imagine how your parents are feeling, they know the dog they have loved for a long time is not going to live much longer and they are trying to come to terms with it. It is not just a simple matter of taking her to be put down. There are emotions involved. I'm sure your parents will do the right thing when they feel the time is right.
I don't think you should put her down. If your grandparents had alzheimers would you simply kill them? Good on your parents!





Pat and cuddle her more, give her more to do, put TV on for her while you are away. I'm sure she would much rather die peacefully on the couch in the home she loves, then on a cold metal table with a stranger jabbing her with sharp things.
As long as they're providing medical care for her and trying to make her as comfortable as possible, I really don't think anything can be done.
This makes me so sad, my dog went through all this during her last days (feb)


Why wont your parents take her?


Im not sure how animal control works, but surely your parents can see how much pain shes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment