Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can everybody write an letter convincing my parents to let me have a dog?

i just need you to say a speech to convimce them to let me have a dog? my name is derrionte and i wil copy and paste and send thim to her e-mail address thanks a lotCan everybody write an letter convincing my parents to let me have a dog?
accept what your parents have decided and move on.....Can everybody write an letter convincing my parents to let me have a dog?
why don't you try asking your parents to foster a dog for awhile to show them you can handle it. Fostering can be short term or long...whichever suits your family. And someone else pays for MOST of the bills for the dog, like food %26amp; vet care.
are you kidding? if you can't convince your parents to get you a dog, there is a reason you're not getting a dog. having a dog takes a lot of responsibility. listen when your parents say no.
Dear mom %26amp; dad:


I've been thinking about the idea of getting a dog and I really do want one. I KNOW it is a huge responsiblity, so I'm willing to sign a contract where I will assume the obligation of its care. I know that I am able to provide good care of it and make a difference in its life. I don't want you to tell me ';I told you so'; if you see that I am failing at this, but rather to encourage me to do it well. I PROMISE that this dog will eat, be taken care of, and cleaned in a proper manner. We can put some kind of punishment in the contract, so you make sure that I abide by it.


I just keep thinking that you not letting me have one, means that you don't trust my judgement. How can I grow up to be a trustable person if my parents are the first ones to not believe in me? I am sure that by having a pet I will learn how to be responsible for something and that you will be there to support me.
Dear Derropnte's parents%26lt;


I see your child wants a dog. I Guess you have good reasons for not letting him have one. I saw where one person said to sign a contract saying he would be responsable;however, contracts from minors don't and won't stand up in court.


Owning a puppy is a huge responsability, one that an under age child doesn't know about. There are a lot of vet bills, teething problems ( causing chewed personal property). Puppy's grow to be dogs and live at least 10 years, most longer. Since this sight doesn't allow children under 13 is your child thinking about the future?? Most colleges do not allow dogs in the dorms, What about school activities and dating, etc.??? Who is the one that will be at home with this dog.


I totally respect your decision. If you don't want a dog or feel he will do what is expected in owning a dog.


Sincerly


Kit_kat from Yahoo answer
There is probably a reason they think you can't handle it. Asking a bunch of strangers to defend you is odd and immature.





Get a life
Grow up, wait to be an adult and actually know the definition of quality pet care and responsibility. You probably want a dog for some quick fix of lonelyness, boredom, or some other random short-lived issue.





I hope you don't get a dog for these very reasons. WAIT!
Dear parents of derrionte,





You child is whining on the internet because he can't have a dog. Stand firm, I support your right not to have a dog in the house, or the expense and bother of dog ownership, if you don't want one.





Sincerely, Bassetnut
Bullshit. It's their home and their decision to make. When you have your own place, then you can bring into it whomever you want - if you can afford it.





Can YOU pay for the dog?! When your dog gets sick, are you going to be like the persons on this site that want home remedies because they are too cheap and too irresponsible to do the right thing and take their dog to the vet?





OK, let's go through the reasons your parents might object.





1) Someone in your family may be allergic.





2) Your mom or dad may have had a bad experience when they were young.





3) Do both your parents work? I assume you are in school. If everyone is gone during the day, who will be at home with the dog? A dog is not a vase or a bookend but a living being with feelings. They need love, attention, and company. You cannot leave them alone for long hours day after day in isolation.





4) $$$$! Do YOU have the money to pay for the dog? Why would you do that to your parents? Sure, you think all you need is food, water, toys, and a bed. No. You need visits to the vet at least once a year for checkups, and visits to the dental vet at least twice a year (yes, they need their teeth kept clean just like you or they get even worse and more expensive health problems.) What if your pet gets hit by a car and requires major surgery? Or gets a major illness such as cancer or kidney failure or distemper? It happens you know, and not just to old dogs. Not everything can be prevented by a vaccination. There was a recent pet food recall due to poisoning of some foods. Many owners had to rush their dogs to the vet for hospitalization for several days to the cost of $1,000 or more - and they still died. Could your parents afford something like this? It could happen again you know.





5) Are you prepared to spend time with the dog just like you do your best friend? When you get home from school, do you either go out and play with your friends, or plunk yourself down in front of the television? What about on the weekends? Will you make the time? Or will you lose interest in a month? This is a LIFETIME commitment you are making.





6) Will you take the responsibility of feeding the dog and ensuring he or she has fresh water at all times? You cannot forget on this one. A life depends on you. There can be no 'oops.' How about when it's very late and you're tired? And when your dog is sick and throws up, will you clean it up without being angry? It's not his fault you know. Can you deal with something so gross? Or are you expecting your mother to do it for you? A dog has hair that gets all over everyone's clothing. Dogs have claws too. Will you parents be upset if your dog claws the door?





7) An animal should be welcomed by all members of the family, not merely tolerated.





These are just a few of the reasons your parents need to consider - and is also the difference between a responsible adult and a child. Dogs need more than good intentions and love. They need food, shelter and medical care just like any living being. If you love dogs so much, why not help one of your friends with theirs? Or volunteer at a local rescue organization? (check with your parents for permission first, of course!)





Dogs are wonderful, but they are a responsibility. Your parents are, ultimately, the ones legally responsible whether you are a loving, kind pet owner or not. Have some thoughtfulness, since they may be working very hard right now and not be able to take this on at this particular time. It's their house, their money, and their rules. When you are old enough to have your own place, then you can do as you please.
if they say no then its no wait intil u get your own places
It's so sad to see how many young dogs are in shelters because of young irresponsible owners who lost interest in them after a few months. Having a dog is a privilege, and all privileges should be earned.
Dear Mom and Dad,


I don't even have enough motivation to write you a letter myself, so I had random people from the internet, who could easily be rapists and psychopaths (for all I know), write one for you. You should leave it to your own discretion whether I have shown enough responsibility and compassion throughout my life to earn the privilege of raising a dog. Thank you for your consideration.





Sincerely,


Derrionte





P.S.- Pleeeeaaaaaasssseeeee
Doubt that it would help why don't you be a more responsible child and help make supper or clean the house instead of playing on the internet and wishing you had a dog. Show them you are responsible and maybe they will reconsider.
Are you serious? Why would getting a letter from a random person they don't know chance their mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment