Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is it bad to drink with your parents underage?

If you're at the house and they are there and you don't get trashed, you just sit around and have a drink, is that bad? I mean, they can't get in trouble if I don't leave the house and nobody finds out right?Is it bad to drink with your parents underage?
Technically its against the law. But unless you or your parents tell the authorities about it, they aren't going to find out. And even if they did find out, they probably wouldn't care. So, no, it's not bad. Just don't make it a habit, trust me, it becomes much more fun when you're actually 21.Is it bad to drink with your parents underage?
I have a lot of friends whose parents actually let them be at the house, have a party and get completely trashed. All while the parents are still there. Weird parents, eh? Haha





So if your parents are just letting you drink casually while they're there, I see no problem with it really. Since they allow you to do that, they seem to trust you to not go overboard. My parents have let me drink casually at home before. No biggie.





I mean the law wouldn't be all that happy with it but as long as you aren't ratting your parents out to the cops, you should be okay =]
People who are telling you its not illegal are wrong: it doesn't matter if they are your parents, supplying alcohol to a minor (that being a person under the age of 21) is illegal. Now, the chances of you getting caught? Probably not too high, but never the less it still is not legal. SOME states alcohol laws are about purchasing but most of them are about consumption.








And whoever said only do it a few times a year or you will be an alcoholic is sadly misguided, I know plenty of people who drink much more then a few times a year who are not alcoholics.
1. legal answer - You may not drink underage (it's the law)





2. moral answer - Why would anyone drink? Why would anyone want to impair their senses? From a moral perspective, you always want to keep your wits about you in the event you need to be suddenly sober.





3. philosophical answer - Drinking with your parents is probably better than drinking secretly with friends.





4. biological answer - Alcohol is harder on younger bodies. The brain doesn't stop developing until the age of 25! So, it probably has ill effects for your brain up until that age. Excessive drinking has ill effects well beyond that age.





5. artistic answer - Quite a few artists drink or take mind-altering substances. Let's take Amy Winehouse as an example. I could care less what she does in her personal life. But, there is no denying that the art she creates (perhaps as a result of her indulgences) is quite rich. I would argue that some artists need to take these substances to explore the outskirts of what it means to be human. We enjoy their art through vicarious means. That art is largely a direct and/or indirect product of substance abuse.





6. party answer - It is fun (and funny) to get yourself slightly drunk. One's inhibitions are reduced and one's thoughts (and subsequent utterings) can be hilarious. However, one's comments can also be insulting. So, there's a double-edge aspect of drinking and talking.





7. historical answer - ALL ancient cultures drank. The Greeks had wine and ceramic beer bottles were found in ancient Egypt. During special times of the year, peoples around the world get drunk as a sort of catharsis - a purgation - a release of evils. The Greek god, Dionysus brought together wine and fertility. ';Eat, drink and be merry';.





8. personal answer - I never drink to excess. I used to have ONE drink with my Dad and my Grand Dad (he make me a hot toddy when I was in elementary school!) I NEVER drink and drive. My parents let me make ';Wonder Wine'; from Shopper's Drug Mart when I was in high school! So, no, I don't think what you're doing is bad at all! I've been there!
As long as your parents are there w/you and cool about you having a couple drinks, don't let you leave the house, only allow this once in a while and not on a normal basis then I don't think its bad ONLY IF you are at least 17-18yrs old. If your younger than that then it would seem bad to me. But its something you all want to definitely keep to yourselves and not brag about it to anyone. Loose lips sink ships.
The law isn't that crazy!


A lot of underagers would have a glass of wine or a few drinks with their families on special occasions or at christmas.





Nobodies going to get in trouble for anything provided nothing crazy happens. Don't drink too much though, drinking with your parents isn't even fun!
Yes. It is still bad because when people under the age of 21 drink, it destroys vital brain cells. The drinking age is there for a scientific reason. It would be better if you didn't. I mean of course it's not illegal, but you are just dumbing yourself down.





Peace, love, and don't do drugs!


Lindsey
Yes- my aunt and uncle let their 17 year old daughter drink at Thanksgiving Dinner- I mean, THANKSGIVING DINNER! With my Grandma there, and it got quite out of hand. She got quite drunk and was sitting in my guy cousin's lap!!! I'm not saying you'll do that, but I would just not drink until I'm 21 in case I get addicted.
Its the best way for young people to start drinking. When you do it with your parents and family it prepares you for later on when you wont have anyone around that cares for you as much. I don't think they could get in trouble seems unconstitutional.
It's not that good but I've done it for celebrations and other things. But my parents were there.......... parents can usually tell though.....................especially the mothers.





answer mine: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I don't think it is sending a very good message to children to let them drink underage with or without their parents being there. I am not sure of the legal side of it but I don't agree with it.
If you keep on doing this, it can lead to alcoholism





I mean when you have it occasionally, like just one can a beer a couple a times a year, that won't do any harm
yes.


its aginst the law. u would get in trouble for drinking under age, and ur parents will get in trouble because of incouraging it.


but im not ur god, i cant tell u what to do.


its up to you
You know don't you? Remember who's body your suppose to be taking care of and who's temple it is. You smoke too don't you?
you can legally drink in your own home with your parents. not something i even encouraged with my kids. seems lame to me.
Well depends on how much and how drunk you are. Also if your parents are ok with that. And how underage and what circumstances.
Your parents will get arrested for giving alcohol to a minor, even though you wanted it in the first place.
Please don't drink it is bad for you and your parents could get in trouble. Haven't you ever watched the news.
if its once in a full moon and like you say just one drink then i think its ok but you should atleast be close to 18 years old and especially if your a girl
any amount of drinkin' underage is bad safer@home supervised than at a party though
It's not abnormal ,something my parents would not let me do ahah ..thats why i find parties and stuff
I think that if you want too drink in your own house you should be able too Law or NO law
your parents have the right to remain silent. anything they say can and will be held against them and a court of law...... does that answer your question
I think underage parents should not drink. :)
It's legal, drinking ages are about buying alcohol.





The thing is...drinking with your parents is just kinda sad =P
i did it but believe me they will notice .......
nah.


its not gonna kill you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment