Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How should I go about persuading my parents to buy me my first car?

I may be getting a part-time job at Disneyland from a friend along with doing various community service.How should I go about persuading my parents to buy me my first car?
wow thats nice, well sit down explain them why you need the car, whose going to be paying what, what kind of car you want, and how much its going to cost. Also, why you deserve this car, and how your gonna pay for it (your Disneyland job) would come in handy there. Show them that you want to participate in this somehow, shows responsibility. Another thing, research a couple cars that you like, and see if you can help pay it off, also don't pay for the car more than 4 years, interest, and what not, it sucks.


Good luck!How should I go about persuading my parents to buy me my first car?
I dont think you should persuade them in any way to buy you a car. Just simply tell them you would like to have a car and that you MIGHT be getting a part time job. Just talk to them. I worked to buy and pay for my first car with a part time job. My parents did help with the insurance or expense that I wasnt able to pay , but only because I went to school and part time work just wasnt enough all the time. As long as I worked and doing what I could they helped, but I never tried to talk them into just buying me a car because I wanted one. I think I asked them if they would one time. If a friend ask if you bought a car you can say, '; no, my daddy bought it for me'; or you can say '; Yes. I did ';.
It's a privilege to drive and you really should consider what have you done to deserve a car as well as what will you do to make sure all feel you deserve the car as time progresses. I have a brother that bought cars for his son. The son had no ownership in the 4 cars my brother bought for him. Wrecked the family car, trashed most of his cars, took the family SUV to the drag strip, and generally treated all (people and cars) with disrespect. Finally after bailing the son out of jail a couple times the state took his license. Now son walks, bums rides (friends are getting real tired of this), lost his good job (had to have license to keep the job) and realizes what he is missing. So no spending money and he sits at home while his friends go out. He also has some jail time under his belt and several thousand dollars of fines to pay before he can get the license back. My brother is finally letting the son reap what he sowed. Please don't do the same.
You need to convince your parents that you intend to put some skin into the car too -- help with payments, gas, oil, tires, insurance, tags, maintenance -- and not make it sound like a 100% gimme from your parents. If you can't contribute something to the purchase and ownership of your car, you have no business having a car.
tell them you need to be able to get to work and it will make it easier on them so they won't have to drive you. plus hopefully you are responsible enough for a car.
unless you have siblings that need transport, it will be a hard sell unless you have saved money for a down payment and can prove that you can hold a job.
make a point that they dnt need to drive u anywere and that u dnt hav to hitch rides with weirdos! not saying that u do ! but it worrked for mi friends!! haha
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment