Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is your pet peeve about other parents?

Do you have any pet peeves about parenting styles or choices other parents make?





My big one is when parents will scream and yell at their children instead of getting off their rear end and doing something about it. A friend of mine is famous for this. She will yell at her 2 year old to quit doing something instead of redirecting her attention to something else. Drives me insane!What is your pet peeve about other parents?
My biggest pet peeve.....woman who take their young sons into the woman's restroom and let them pee on the toilet seat and don't wipe it up!!!!!





Also, parents who don't discipline their children. If your child is screaming in a restaraunt, grocery store, or any public place for that matter, they need a spanking or a serious talking to.What is your pet peeve about other parents?
Are you sure its kids pee tho!

Report Abuse



I have so many.





1. Parents who talk constantly about their children but never think to ask you about yours.


2. Parents who brag.


3. Parents who give unsolicited advice.


4. Parents who won't act like adults and instead let their kids run the show.


5. Parents who spoil their kids.


6. Parents who are only nice to you if they feel like your kid is in their kid's social ';league'; and ostracize every other parent whose kid may not be ';cool';


7. Parents who dress like their kids.


8. Parents who scream at soccer/basketball/baseball games and get all super-competitive and try to live through their kids.


9. Parents who won't ever volunteer for anything or donate anything or any time at school, leaving the rest of the parents to do everything.


10. Parents who let their kids swear, talk back, throw tantrums or generally behave like little beasts and think it's ';cute.';





But my biggest pet peeve is ... Parents who let their kids CONSTANTLY INTERRUPT when they are talking to another adult. How hard is it to tell your child, ';Mrs. So-and-so and I are talking. Don't interrupt. I'll be with you in a minute.';???
Parents who don't watch their kids in store. We live in a small town, and so many parents just let their kids run around the grocery store and play while they shop. I mean it is a small town, but its not that small! The other day I was picking up a few things and there was a kid that couldn't have been older than 2 sitting under one of the barbeque grills on display, no parents in sight. So I stopped and asked him if he needed help finding his mommy. He said yes so after glancing around the area I took him and asked one of the cashiers to page his mother, assuming she was in a panic. Well, she got up to the front of the store and looked at me and said ';Oh, was he trying to go out in the parking lot again?'; WHAT! I told her no, that he was playing all alone and figured she was looking for him. She said no, that she always just let her kids play by themselves when she shopped. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. That's not even right at all! At least she put her kid in the basket and took him with her (I'm sure she could tell I wasn't going let her just leave him there.) Later I saw her in the check out line and with 2 other kids that looked about 4 and 6. And she just let all of them play while she was shopping. I mean I don't let my son even let go of my hand when we're in a store, much less just play by himself!





Sorry I just had to share that stroy because it just makes me sick to think of parents being so irresponsible with their children.......
That is really annoying. I cannot stand when parents do not agree on how to discipline their children. This causes so many ongoing problems.





I really cannot stand when parents think their children are oh-so amazing and the best child on earth. No children are perfect. Period. These who think their children are so perfect let their children get away with EVERYTHING! I have never seen children speak to their parents the way 'these' children do. And the annoying parents allow it so it only gets worse.
I hate it when parents with children older than mine will try to tell me my daughter is behind in her milestones, or try to compare with their children.





ex. I was talking to my friend the other day about how my daughter is starting to be more steady walking now and she says ';she must be behind my son was walking steady at 11 months'; X_x
Oh boy that is a peeve of mine as well!





I cannot stand it when I see 3, 4, 5+ year olds with pacifiers or bottles. I see it a lot here where I live and I just want to yank the things out of their mouths!! It's not good for the teeth!





A friend of mine is famous for letting her daughter say ';Do you not love me anymore Mommy?'; dictate her decisions. Her 6 year old is a master manipulator and gets away with anything by using that one simple sentence. It makes me crazy!
My biggest parenting pet peeve is the parents who think their child can do no wrong even if they see them committing a bad behavior right in front of them with no encouragement or provoking of any kind from another child yet she'll blame some random kid (namely, mine).





There is this mother at our story time that drives me batty!! Her daughter will be right in front of her ripping a page out of the book. The mother will look horrified and then say ';where did you learn that?!'; as if this child would NEVER be able to do such an evil act on her own?! HELLO?! She's a SPOILED BRAT!!! *%26amp;$**%%26amp;(#*%26amp;#$(%26amp;#()(@)*%26amp;#$(*+^%26amp;#(.
i was just going to say what you said thats a big pet peeve of mine and also i hate it when other parents tell you you should be doing something the way they do it for example i have a friend whose two and a half year old only drinks from a bottle and she told me she thinks my two and a half year old should be on a bottle and that im trying too make my daughter to adult. I just laughed at her.
Feeding young children easy junk stuff and letting them eat in their rooms while watching TV, instead of a decent healthy dinner with the rest of the family. I know this can't always be done, but I've been watching it be done 7 days/week with no excuse other than laziness! I raised 2 kids and held 1 or 2 jobs at any given time, but those things were very important.
at this point my biggest pet peeve is having other peoples views and opinions shoved down my throat, getting violation notices from yahoo (just got 2 more - woohoo), other than i'm pretty even keeled.


i also try and not interact w/parents who irk me w/their parenting style. may sound bad or harsh by why tempt me to open my big mouth when its not my business, you know?
I only read a few of the answers, but I'm saying all of the above! LOL! But seriously, probably the biggest one is anyone who is physically or verbally abusive. Yelling, screaming, put-downs, ';spanking';, yanking on kids, etc. Makes me crazy. I've dealt with more crap from kids than most of these people could even imagine, and never hit a one of them. My kids aren't perfect, but never, ever would I abuse one of them. I don't understand how you could say you love your kid and then hit or scream at them. Like it's going to do any good anyway.
It drives me nuts when parents think that everyone else should do the same things they do when it comes to their child. It's one thing to have your own opinion, but it's another to shove your beliefs down everyone else's throats and criticize them for the way they choose to do things. A common example is breastfeeding vs. formula feeding. Who cares who does what, as long as the child is being fed?!
Parents that don't watch their children. They let them play outside at 1 and 2 years old, unattended. Other parents and people in general have to rescue their children from the middle of the street, bring them back to their house after they have wandered off around the corner, etc.


Such a disgrace!!
One of mine is a parent with only kid tries to give a mom with multiple children advise. As a mom of three, I find this quite annoying, until you understand how the dynamics change when you have multiple kids please keep your ';helpful hints'; to yourself.
Gosh i hate that one too. My biggest one is when parents are always talking about how beautiful they're own kids are! ';Oh, Emily looked so good in this i swear she looks like a living doll!'; My older sister had this one friend who would go visit a new born baby in the hospital and say ';Isn't she precious? But no as precious as my daughter when she was that age..';





So struck on they're kids it makes me sick!
One of the biggest pet peeves that I have would be, other parents don't like the way you raise you kids, because they raise they're kids different and if you don't raise your kid the way they raise there's your a bad parent.





I tried to explain it the best I could :)
i 100% agree with you. my aunt will babysit her grandkids and sit on the couch the entire day,she says,you cant babysit children with them watching tv. so she lets the 3 year old watch spongebob from 7am til 8:30pm when they go to bed.





i also cant stand when people spank their kids. now when its a lil pat on the but or hand,ok, i plan on doing that. but i watched my aunt spank her grandkid hard enough to make my jaw drop. her daughter doesnt do anything about it. i flip out.
I HATE it when a father yells at his young son for crying. Makes me want to walk over to him and kick him in the balls and ask him if he feels like crying yet.





(I witnessed a father berate and punish his 3 yr old in a Bob Evans for crying when I was a teenager. I wanted to watch a truck run over him in the parking lot)
My pet peeve are parents that put their children in bubbles. Dont let them run in the yard, dont let them play ';tag'; because someone has to be ';it'; etc. Kids need to learn they might get hurt, sometimes they will lose and life isnt always fair.





Eat Funyuns.
I agree with you that screaming that was is unproductive. It absolutely did NOT teach the child anything.





The trouble is that I cannot control other parents, so, while I don't agree and sometimes find it really irritating, I cannot fix the problem.


cw
I hate when SAHMs and Breast feeders judge those who have to work or those who can't/won't breast feed....





I want to be a better parent and have no children experience so I watch other parents and take from them what I like, I try not to focus on the bad.
We have friends who yell and spank their toddler and preschooler for everything. The kids still keep on and keep on doing whatever it is the parents are trying to keep them from doing. Nothing against spanking here, I'm not trying to start a debate, BUT....If something isn't working... maybe try something else?? Just a thought. I ignore it at their house but it's annoying when they are yelling in mine (and their kids are destroying mine).
Parents who let their children run around in a restaurant screaming and yelling. Parents who would rather spend money on booze and stuff for them self's rather then buy their child clothes that they need (have a sister in law famous for that one).
Totally agree with yours! Another one is when I see like a 4 year old with a bink in their mouth or a 3 year old with a bottle! Oh, that kills me!!! There are so many more- I can't even list them! I'm getting like, angry even thinking about this! Lol!
I hate to see a parent give in to whining. This teaches them whining works to get them what they want. If my boy can't ask without whining, then the answer is definitely NO.
Its when the parents just call their childs name over and over again when the child is doing something wrong.





FFS the kid knows his/her name!!
I hate it when parents are too lazy to potty train (and will tell you they hate it) and there kids are 3 - 4 and still wearing diapers!
Forcing religion on to their kids. They have no sense of rationality to say what religion they are.
Same as you - when a parent yells and screams and then does nothing when the child ignores them.
not letting there child do anything and treating the child like a little baby when the child is a teen
moving out to the suburbs for the ';safer areas'; but then their children practically live under house arrest.








EDIT-LOL at Texas Momma. That Irks me too. I have a 5 yr old foster cousin who does that. Yet my aunt keeps buying those things for her. That little girl is sooooooo rotten.





Let me add some more.





A.Parents who provoke their kids to anger, then have the audacity to get mad when the child responds in defense.


B.parents who expect for their oldest child to be the parent and not just a role model. I'm sick of the eldest child being blamed for the wrong that the yonger children do. ';you older you supposed to teach them not to do that'; UMMM NO! THAT'S YOUR JOB.


C.parents who make a fuss out of every damn outfit that thier child selects and unless they(the parent) picked it out, it is not good enough.


D.parents who call their son a sissy if he's not into sports or if he cries about something


E.Guardians who act like if you don't brutally beat your child you are a bad parent ';in the good ol day.........'; yeah, I know your parents could lash your skin open and it be no problem, you could also be beaten until you piss on yourself.


F.Parents who make a huge issue when their child wears a sleeveless shirt. IT'S 90 ******* DEGRESS AND WE ARE AT A PARADE!


G.parents who constantly quote the bible saying it's wrong to dishonor kids, but yet, they don't even PRETEND to adhere to the quote that comes after it.(about being respectful to your kids and not provoking them to anger)

No comments:

Post a Comment