Thursday, May 13, 2010

Parents who sleep heavily: when you had your first child did you automatically become a lighter sleeper?

I am a very heavy sleeper and I'm afraid that when I have a baby that I won't hear him/her in the middle of the night. It's hard for me to even hear alarms but will this change?Parents who sleep heavily: when you had your first child did you automatically become a lighter sleeper?
Trust me, you're a mom- you WILL change when that baby gets here...lol. I was a very heavy sleeper who was extremely grouchy if woken up. The first night home with our new baby, I woke up with every little wimper she made. I'm still the same way and she's almost 4. My husband, however, could still sleep through a tornado. I tried ONE time to have him get up with our daughter when she was a baby (she was probably around 4 weeks old at the time). He stumbled around our room, tripped and fell head-first into her bassinett. That was the last time I asked him to get up with her. I thought the night-time feeding/changing duty was going to be shared- I was so wrong. Parents who sleep heavily: when you had your first child did you automatically become a lighter sleeper?
YES, you could set off the alarm next to me but in my third trimester I started to wake to birds and cars and doors shutting and toilets flushing I would wake at the littlest things, and it hasn't stopped, I used to be a really heavy sleeper, I slept through our home alarm going off and police pounding on the door not once but twice before kids, but after is another story.





Don't worry, it changes then you wish you could sleep heavier.
i was a hard sleeper too............ but my parental instinct kicked in after my first child.......... i woke when he cried or even fussed a little...... then when he started crawling he could wake me up with just his shear presence........... with my parental instinct came a attribute that i didn't even realize i had............ i had to be the one who slept closest to the door.........


so, so much changed in my life after having kids......... from where i slept to how i acted......... having kids is the greatest thing that ever happened in my life....... even though i was a single parent for 7 years......
When mine were babies, i was still a deep sleeper, but their cries were the only thing to wake me. I'd still sleep through my alarm, but the slightest sniffle from my boys would have me up and by the cribs in no time.


Don't worry about not hearing your baby. Your natural instincts will kick in
Yes, it did for me! I use to sleep all through the night, then when I had my first baby I was up all the time checking on her. I would hear a weird sound and it would wake me up. That was 9 years ago and I've been a light sleeper ever since!
YES!!! I would wake up at the slightest movement - or sometimes even if she didn't move. I was constantly checking on her. If you are very worried, though, maybe you should put your baby to sleep in a bassinet in your room, just to put your mind at ease.
When your baby start waking you up in the middle of the night.





I am a very light sleeper I have three children I can hear them at the door knocking. When you become a mother that instinct will come.
Yup, I used to have to set my alarm clock plus my cell phone and I would sometimes sleep thru both.





Since my son has been born - if he even breathes funny, I wake up.






Yes you will be more aware of your baby and you will hear the crying i promise. Baby crying is 10 times worse than alarm clock
for women it does but for most men it doesn't.be prepared to never have a good night sleep again lol because even when they are 20 you don't stop worrying

No comments:

Post a Comment