Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can I visit the doctor without my parents finding out?

Hi I'm Josh. I'm 18 years old barely and I want to know if I can go to the doctor to get a ';check-up'; about personal problems (I detect symptoms of depression and anxiety) but I don't want my parents to find out. Is it possible to go to the doctor, get check up, and get prescriptions for drugs without my parents finding out?Can I visit the doctor without my parents finding out?
yea you are 18...Can I visit the doctor without my parents finding out?
of course it is, doctors is confidential, explain to them that you do not want anybody to know, but doctors legally can not give your records to anybody without your consent
well sweetie Yes, you are 18 that makes you a legal adult. your doctor by law can not discuss your medical problems with your parents anymore unless you give your permission.


I hope this help you good luck . -B-
Once you reach the legal age of 18 or 21 then your parents wont find out from the doctor that you are seen them . It reamins between you and the doctor only then.
if you're 18 and they're not paying for it, dr-patient confidentiality should rule this one....
Yes, you are 18 that makes you a legal adult. your doctor by law can not discuss your medical problems with your parents anymore unless you give your permission. When you go and see him/her about this just inform them that you do not want them to discuss it with your parents or go to a different doctor about it.
if you can't afford all the expense out of pocket, and are covered under your parents insurance, you're probably going to need to use it. if you do, then yes, they'll find out about it. however, whatever is said during the visit will be kept confidential.
These days it is. Just call your doctor and make an appointment, although I'm not sure how it would work with insurance, if there would be a date of visit on there. Just go and tell them you were feeling sick.
Yes, at the age of 18 you are considered a legal adult and are able to make health care decisions for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment