Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Parents, how do you feel about there being corporal punishment in some schools?

Even if you have no reservations about spanking your children yourself, how do you feel about other people paddling your kids?Parents, how do you feel about there being corporal punishment in some schools?
Anyone lays a hand on my child I would beat them!Parents, how do you feel about there being corporal punishment in some schools?
I feel good about the way my school does it. They send home a note at the beginning of every school year saying that they feel it is sometimes necessary. Then you sign a statement either giving them permission to paddle your kid(s) or telling them not to.





My daughter is generally well behaved. I signed that they can not use corporal punishment on her. But I wouldn't hesitate to come to the school and spank her myself if needed.





Some kids need it. If I had a hardheaded kid who wouldn't respond to any other punishments, I would give them the go ahead to paddle him/her. But they would have to call me before they do it.
As long as my kids are doing what they are suppose to do, then they don't have to worry about. You know what I mean? If they act up to the point that they require corporal punishment by the school, then they sure as heck deserve it and I won't object. If they are being THAT bad at school, then maybe they need something to really wake them up since my own methods apparently aren't working (hypothetically speaking of course). Around here though, its not used, so I guess they have no worries. lol.





I remember when I was a kid, the principal had that big wooden paddle sitting on her desk. Usually just the threat of it was enough to keep kids on the straight and narrow. As far as I know, that paddle was RARELY used and it was NEVER used without the prior consent of the parents. They don't just drag kids into their office and start swatting. Parental consent is required before ever thinking about using it.
I personally do not believe in any act of violence or discipline as a learning tool for higher education or as a teaching method to bring up a child's Sat or Act score.





Schools are for education only and have never been established in this modern age as a replacement for parents.





Any school or employee or any person that ever ever touches my child would legally and financial regret ever mentally or physically abusing my children !!!
My child would not be in that school because obviously they are archaic when it comes to current research showing about the correlations between corporal punishment and a child's outcome... No one will spank my child including myself (unless they do something that is very very harmful to themselves or others)
No, I dont' spank my kids, I do have reservation about that, and I certainly wouldn't allow my children to attend a school that practices corporal punishment.





Hitting is wrong. It's like the 101 what we learn in kindergarden.


I wonder why parents think once they become parents it's ok to hit again? It's not.
The way I see it is IF someone at school has to use Corporal Punishment on my child I'm not doing my job as a parent. If my kids did something bad enough at school to warrant a spanking they're in Twice as much trouble when they get home. Some of these kids need to be spanked.


No I don't have a problem with it since my kids would never need it used on them.
My son is in a school that enforces corporal punishment. I have to sign a paper at the beginning of each school year that says I do not want my so paddled by the principal. I think its barbaric and should have been done away with a decade ago.I would never lay a hand on another persons child nor should they lay a hand on my child.
I feel it shows how idiotic America can be. The ones who got spanked, always got spanked, that is usually how it always is. If a good child does something wrong and gets spanked and never does anything bad again, the situation could have been handled differently with the same outcome, this is the same for in the home too.
my child's school has it but they are not allowed to do it to her. you have to sign a wavier every year giving them permission or not. so i guess it doesn't bother me if some parents want that for their children because even though there is corporal punishment in her school we parents still have a choice
i don't like the idea. if my children need to be punished and i feel a spanking is in order (which hasn't happend) then I would be the one doing it NOT someone else. if a school has that big of a problem with a child then the parents should be notified. NO ONE has a right to touch MY child.
Children aren't the only people that need to behave themselves, many people seem to think that turning eighteen is a ticket to do what ever you feel like. School is a place of learning and teachers should set a good example not take their frustrations out on the children.
All my children would have to hear is that I am going to be told..works already with the 4 yrs old. never have to raise a hand either.... Steady discipline in the house and you wont have to worry so much about it elsewhere because they will not want to deal with you when they get home.
i spank, but i do not allow anyone other than my husband and myself to do it. i would be livid if my son came home and told he was paddled at school. id probably go down there with my own paddle
I think it's completely unnecessary and inappropriate.
I'm for it.
Over my dead body...
i would not allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment