Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I deal with overly religious parents?

Ok, I do not live with my parents anymore thankfully but when I visit for two weeks or so during college breaks, I feel kinda suffocated by how religious my parents are. I do not mind if they choose to be religious but it is definitely painful when they force you to take part in their religious ceremonies. I have tried to tell them politely of how Im not interested but whenever I do, it leads to a huge fight or argument. What should I do to survive these breaks?How do I deal with overly religious parents?
i totally agree with Stormy S. your living with them for 2 weeks, it's their house and their 'rules'.





go with the flow. if you want to avoid the argument just go with the flow. if you really don't to, then just pretend to do whatever it is they want you to do. How do I deal with overly religious parents?
If you are going to stay under your parent's roof for two weeks then you need to tolerate having to live under their rules as well. This is THEIR home not your's any longer and they have the right to expect anyone staying there to follow their rules. If you don't like it I suggest when you go ';home'; to visit that you stay in a motel/hotel or with someone else. They don't have to change their lifestyle in their home just because YOU visit. Grow up and get over yourself.
umm well afterall its only a couple weeks but i can relate i liv with my parents and i have to go to church everysun and wed nights and stuff but ya ur parents do sound over religious but anyways (i feel your pain) lol haha good luck in life!!!!!!!!! = P
pretend to have an excorcism during one of the ceromonys :D



have a talk with them

No comments:

Post a Comment