Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do I emancipate myself if my parents won't give up rights?

I am fifteen, a month and a week from sixteen. I plan to get a job and support myself. I want to emancipate myself from a broken home of drugs and alcohol to abuse both physical and mental. I cannot stand to live in this kind of situation anymore. I have no where to turn and no way out. This is what I feel is necessary and my only option. How can I emancipate myself without a parent consent or documentation from a parent and how do I get these supposed documents?How do I emancipate myself if my parents won't give up rights?
In most states, the circumstances in which a minor becomes emancipated are enlisting in the military and marrying, both of which require parent or guardian consent, or obtaining a court order from a judge.





In most states, the minor must file a petition with the family court in the applicable jurisdiction, formally requesting emancipation and citing reasons why it is in their best interest to be emancipated. The minor must prove financial self-sufficiency.





Many states require that the minor has been living separate from their parents or guardians for a period of time; however, consent of the parents or guardians is necessary in order to avoid being classified simply as ';running away.'; In some states, free legal aid is available to minors seeking emancipation, through children's law centers.





Best wishesHow do I emancipate myself if my parents won't give up rights?
You have to go to court and prove you need to leave. Even then, you are more likely to be placed in a foster home.
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment