Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Parents of teenagers and sports physicals: Is that physical embarassing for your kid?

Do you choose a specific doctor for sports physicals? Do you stay in the room or wait outside? Can a physical be done by the school nurse? Is there any part of the sports physical that you can refuse and still pass a physical?Parents of teenagers and sports physicals: Is that physical embarassing for your kid?
I'm not a parent, but I've taken a sports physical. It wasn't too bad, except for the parts where they have to check your private areas, but that is really quick, and after that it's fine. When I did mine, my mom stayed inside. I don't remember if I got the choice or not. I think you do get the option of having your parent outside though, if it makes you more comfortable. The physical should be done by a doctor. Just go to your regular doctor (your family doctor, pediatrician, whatever.) They don't give you the option to refuse. For the most part it's fine, it will be over before you know it.Parents of teenagers and sports physicals: Is that physical embarassing for your kid?
Last year I got a physical and they didn't do anything embarrassing. My parent stayed outside the room and all they did was like prick my finger for an iron count and make me do a survey and answer a couple of questions. They also did a vision and hearings test and weighed me and took measurements. Nothing big. I think all school-related sports require a physical. I just went to the family doctor
I always have the same doctor but for some reason now when I get physicals it's a girl. My regular doctor is a guy though....





My mom usually stays in the room. It doesn't really bother me because she had to do the same thing and she's my mom.





I don't think any of it you can refuse because all of it is important because it's all about your health. What they check is what they need. That way they know if your healthy enough to play sports.
For me, it's a little embarassing because they ask some personal questions and have to check your private parts, but it's really not that bad because it goes by quickly. I always make my parents wait outside but I don't think you can really refuse any part because it's important and for your own health.
well. it was never embarressing for me. all they do is check height/weight/the usual.





and for guys i think they may check for hernias, but as long as it's a male doctor there really isn't a problem.





no, it's better that you don't wait in the room. we're teenagers. i go by myself to the doctors half the time.
They don't ask anything bad. I mean they just ask me some bs stuff....I'M SICK OF THEM TESTING ME FOR ADHD......THEY HAVE DONE IT FOR THE PAST 2 VISITS....I don't look hyper or jittery, but this SAME doctor keeps doing it....and he sits there laughing....he knows it pisses me off....and he's not even my doctor...my doctor is ALWAYS out of town or something...i only met him once lmao....
i think it is when they check certain areas. and i would rather my parents stay outside of the room

No comments:

Post a Comment