Thursday, May 13, 2010

What percentage of children have two married parents?

I can't help but notice that there are very few kids in this area with two original parents still together. Either it's a step-parent, a single parent, or they are getting a divorce. I'm wondering what the statistics are.What percentage of children have two married parents?
According to a report issued by the National Marriage Project at Rutgers University, only 63% of American children grow up with both biological parents.What percentage of children have two married parents?
I don't know the statistics, but I bet it's very small. I'd say somewhere between 15-30%?





If you figure about half of all marriages end in divorce, also many married people have kids.





However, MANY children are born out of wedlock, or from one night stands, so that adds to the statistics too.
well, 40% of babies born were born to unwed parents last year.


About half of marriages end in divorce within 7 years.





Soooo... doesn't look to good for most kids, which is sad for everyone involved. I think our son is one of only a couple kids in his class whose parents are still together.
I don't know the stats either but my parents are still married/ no divorces on either side of my parents families either. I feel blessed.
i dont know but my parents are divorced:/
do not know but my kids did growing up now my son is having his first and hopefully he will too

No comments:

Post a Comment