Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do you get over missing a parent who moved interstate?

My parents divorced and my mum has moved 4000km away from me to start a new life as she was living with my fiance and me. I have just dropped her off and are missing her terribly. I am happy to be home and is happy she is starting her new life and our life but i miss having her around. I just wanted to know if there were other people in the same situation and how they are dealing or have dealt with it.How do you get over missing a parent who moved interstate?
You will adjust in time. And time is your best answer. I have not seen my mother in two years. She moved to up state NY. We live in the deep south. We stay in contact regularly by e-mail and phone occasionally. Seems weird still. That is why I say it takes time.





Why not suggest to her to get a Internet Cam and you get one and both of you can talk every day and see each other as you do. More like being there than not.





http://www.pronto.com/mpm/Linksys-WVC54G鈥?/a>How do you get over missing a parent who moved interstate?
Well, I've never been in that situation, but I think it will just take time, lots of emails, and lots of phone calls. It's not like you'll never see her again, you just won't see her as much. Call her often and email her a lot, and I'm sure the pain will start to go away.





Also, try making regular ';dates.'; Every other Friday night go bowling as a family or do something as a family (or just you and her) together that you both enjoy.





Good luck.
She's always going to be Mom, even if your old enough to get out on your own.





Get her phone number or write to her to let her know whats going on in your life and do it on a regula basis!





Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment