Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you teach children to respect parents?

When his/her mother and father didn't respect themselves enough to be married before they had a child? What can those parents teach a child about commitment?How do you teach children to respect parents?
respect them.How do you teach children to respect parents?
Why do you think you are the only one entitled to an opinion.You also assume that those who oppose you have been somehow exposed. I have been married 32 years to the same man and think you should read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Report Abuse



Respect is not given it is earned.Should children disrespect their parents if they divorce or do you permit the children to still love their parents.

Report Abuse



My Husband and I had our two children before we were married. We were married when our children were 3 %26amp; 4. It was great to have them as part of the ceremony. That is a lesson in commitment. At least we can say we got married for love, and not the children alone. And at least we can say we have gone through our hard times and still wanted to be a family instead of rushing in and getting divorced a few years later. Respect is in everything you do and say. Children learn by example. How do you teach children respect is a vague question. If I had to give an answer, I'd have to say - Love, Patience, and Effort.
Of course. I recently was divorced by my wife because she met someone else, she let me take the kids and its working out wonderful. Both of my daughters are very respectful, not because I demand it or threaten them if they are not respectful but because I am respectful of others and I stand tall and proud. They don't know of their heritage but they will one day and I expect they will know more of honor, tradition and respect then most children do. Children act as they are taught by example, the best way for them to learn is by seeing their parents and family.
Get a Dr.Phil book or better yet go to his show
That is so old fashioned.....


What matters is how your family unit interacts, if you are a ';team';, if you respect one another %26amp; how you interact in front of the child.
bust their *** when they do wrong.
I had a child before I got married. However I am now married (not to his father tho) with 2 more children. I have found that it is better for the child to see what is going on NOW instead of what happened in the past. Dwelling on past events does not help. I am showing my kids that even though I have made mistakes in my life, I can still have a loving committed relationship in marriage. How my husband and I work together now teaches our sons about committment. Even though my husband is not my eldest son's biological father he is my son's Dad and that shows more committment than any marriage and teaches him that blood relation is not required for love.
force them to watch Little House on the Prairie on DVD.
Hit them daily. Respect, fear...they're the same thing.





Children need to learn that they aren't real people yet and that their opinions do not matter. It sickens me how there are hardly any ';parents'; anymore. Every parent wants to be their child's best friend nowadays. It disguists me.
there is too much apathy in the world right now, parents have to be more strict than they are being nowadays from day 1. Well, maybe not day one, but like, year 1-1.5.
Show them your perfect example then they would follow.
nothing the world is doomed have a nice day
show each other respect and keep it going,it rubs off

No comments:

Post a Comment