Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What do I do since my parents wont listen to my depression?

I am 14 years old. My sister attempted suicide and got immediate attention and medical help. I have been telling both of my parents that I need medical help. I suffer from great depression (to the thoughts of suicide). I have attempted suicide and have cut/ injured myself in many ways. Though I have been caught by them they still will procrastinate in taking me to get help. I honestly think I may be bipolar but my voice is not heard. What do I do?What do I do since my parents wont listen to my depression?
You need to talk to someone at your school and tell them what is going on with you. Or just plain tell your parents you need help and you need it now and you need to see a therapist, what does it take to get them to listen. They should be paying attention to you and i wish you the best of luck, because this is very hard to deal or suffer with at your age. Good luck.What do I do since my parents wont listen to my depression?
Talk to any adult you can trust. A school Counselor or Nurse may be able to help you get the help you need. I spoke with my School Principal when I was in high school and he was able to bring in a counselor from another school to help me. Talk to anyone you are only 14 and your life is not worth giving up!
Go to your school counselor and ask for help
Is there a school nurse? If not a counsellor or teacher you could talk with. Best of luck.
go to school counselor
Is there another adult family member you could talk to? Or a friend's parent? Any trusting adult . You need someone to take you seriously.


Good luck to you and take care,
i feel your pain. i've had depression for three years without any course of treatment. i haven't even told parents. My sister doesnt believe me either. talk to another adult like a school counselor or friend's parent. if you've got someone on your side who believes you, they can help convince your parents that your mental health is in jeopardy and is in need of immediate medical attention.
Your parents apparently think you are acting out in, perhaps, envy of your sister getting attention after she attempted suicide. They may be under the mistaken impression that if they ignore you, you will just lose interest and stop. You may need someone to act as an advocate for you, to talk to them with you, such as your school counselor or an adult relative that you can trust that will listen and take you seriously. I think if you approach them with an adult advocate, someone to speak on your behalf, they will listen.


Whether you are bipolar or not, you are in need of some help. You are injuring yourself and that is very serious. Good luck with your parents.
Go to your school counselor. They will listen to you, and even refer you to someone. Some schools even have staff psyciatrists.
I'm sorry that is happening to you.





When i was 16 years old i had a moment in which I needed also help for another topic. I was asking for it time but they weren't listening me. Today it's my nephew to whom it happens to him. Habitually the adults underestimate the discomfort of the young because they consider it to be typical of the age.





If indeed you think that happens to you is serious (if this is as you tell it, really it's it).


I believe that it's a question to make it to understand. But not to comment occasionally or in moments in which they aren't prepared to listen you. Ask for a meeting when they want it, for a few minutes, seriously, where they promise to you give you all their attention. Without TV, without noises because you have something to tell them.





It's there where you tell them what happens to you and that you need help. And you make them know that indeed you are badly and it's necessary that someone takes an effective decision. Nobody is born learned and that for these things it's better an expert, and there are it them. Exist for that.


Good luck.


-------


Forgive me if my English is not correct.
Tell another adult you know, whether it's a teacher or the school counsellor. You should tell them that your parents weren't giving you the help you needed, even though you asked them. There must be some depression in your family, and maybe your parents have something that prevents them from giving you the help you need. Even if you don't have depression or bipolar, I would recommend getting some help since you seem to have gone through a lot for your age. It's really nice to talk to somebody about your problems that is just there to listen (I started therapy at 14 as well)


I wish you luck, and please don't kill yourself. I know that it feels like it will never go away, but keep telling yourself that it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem over and over again until you get some help.
Go to your Yellow Pages and find the emergency help line in your area. There will be someone to talk to there.
go to a teacher or guidance counselor.....they are there for you. Are there any other adults in your family that could smack some sense into your parents? If so talk to them. Good luck!!!
yeah, go to either a teacher or a school counselor, they'll ask if you are thinking of suicide, and when/if you say yes, they'll get you some help right away. I don't know how to put this into words, but going to a school counselor/teacher for help, should and will be a wake up call for your parents. You should be in high school now right? 9th grade? I know my counselor at school is awesome, shes there with me to the end. And if I ever said something like that, she WOULD get me help right away. There's no doubt that yours wouldn't. If you don't like the counselor or any of the other counselors at your school (we have 4 at my school), then pick a favorite teacher or at least a teacher you like, maybe not even one you like, but one that you trust and can help you get through this.





Maybe you could do something to wake up your parents, not something as drastic as suicide, I'm not saying to go cut your wrists, don't do that, but SOMETHING that will get your parents to get you some help.





Now, I'm on the quiet side, and because of that when I was in 8th grade they thought I was depressed/suicidal. And boy, my mom was never so mad when I got kicked out of school because of it. But we got everything sorted out, and thats what you need to do.





Go seek someone, a friend, a neighbor, a teacher, a counselor, SOMEONE who can help you get through this.





You can email me ANYTIME if you want to talk. My ears are open.
if you are a girl go to a female school teacher. if you are a boy, go to a male school teacher





for both: go the the nurse or guidance counselors set up weekly appointments or more frequent if necessary...





i have to wonder what is going on in that house for 2 children to want to commit suicide...

No comments:

Post a Comment