Saturday, January 23, 2010

What was the best pointless lie your parents ever told you as a child?

Mine was that if you undid your bellybutton your bum falls off.


Tried for years to see if it was true - god knows what i'd have done if they had been right.


Though still have sneaking suspicion they may have been.


Gah, gawd love 'em.What was the best pointless lie your parents ever told you as a child?
That when you are camping there are these huge birds called Kid Hawks and if you go too far away from camp, they will swoop down and pick you up to their nest high in the trees and feed you to their babies.





They added that my grandpa had to save my dad who got picked up by kid hawks back when he was a kid. My papa had to make wings out of paper and fly up to the nest and save my dad. WTF?? Yes, my mom and her cousin made this up and they had been drinking. It's funny now. Can't wait to tell my kids.





The worst part: I believed it til I was 9, and my dad, who was drunk, told me they werent real!What was the best pointless lie your parents ever told you as a child?
My dad used to make me and my sister beer water. Had to make it in the kitchen, it was magic and we couldnt look. It was water when we drank it and turn to beer when it was in our bellys, if we was naughty we wasnt allowed it. lol i loved it. Also another one. the 8 o clock horses.. If kids wasnt in bed by that time they would come get u and lock u up till u was 16.
That if you swallow orange pips a tree will grow in your belly!!





And don't forget the classic if you swallow chewing gum it will wrap round your heart or lungs and kill you!!





The classic one tho has to be yes all children sleep in the shed until it snows!!





We still laugh about that one now. Until i cry and have to ring my councilor!!
If you point at a rainbow, your finger will shrink. The only way to undo the shrinking is to pick your wedgie with that finger.





I'm Lao by the way, so I guess it's one of our things (since I heard my Lao friends talk about this). Sadly, I believed it growing up, so even now you won't ever see me pointing at a rainbow. Haha. I think grownups just hate it when you point.
That the tooth fairy takes your teeth to give to fairies who have no teeth.


It is the best lie because it is actually a terrifying thought - tiny little fairies with child sized teeth.
I used to ask my mum where she'd been and she said ';to see a man about a dog';





I believed her and was sad when no dog materialised
If you swallow watermelon seeds you will start to become a watermelon tree.
That Brussel sprouts were just baby cabbages
If i told a lie my tounge would turn black!


Or thunder is when 2 clowns bash together(i misheard them say clouds)=)


Took me years to figure out they were lies=)
not to go too near the swans when we were feeding them as their wings could break your leg!! imagine
That if I was bad E.T would get me...


(Im scared of that thing :( )
That the orange juice the milkman delivered came from brown cows! lol :)
';If you hit your brother your arm will dry and fall off';





ha! I still have my arms, hands and my feet ♥
to have babies you have to take a pill
If i didn't eat my crusts i wouldn't get curly hair...now i spend half hour at a time straightening my hair! hahaha!
that if I was bad they'd take me to the orphanage

No comments:

Post a Comment