Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to hide my eating disorder from parents?

Okay so I have been to a shrink. She told me the facts. I told her my facts Quote: I don't care. Fact is if anyone tells me I need help I know this and I don't really give a freak about dying. I am 5'11'' and 132 pounds I want to be really skinny I put on a lot of weight and want to lose a lot more. ( Secretly I want to be a model because I know I have potential)I just want to be thinner please help me.How to hide my eating disorder from parents?
I don't know how old you are but i am 19, also 5'11 and i struggle with anorexia and have for about four years... I'm not gonna tell you you need help, and you know what 3 years ago i was not scared about dying either... but I'm gonna tell you what you should be afraid of... painful infections due to the acid your body releases when it starts to eat your muscles, a tube being forced into your stomach, not being able to be a model, because your so week that you can not walk on your own, and also cause you have fine hair covering your body.





Anorexia may be something you want to be now but if you continue down this path it will be pain full... notice how i said i STRUGGLE with anorexia, that means i don't want it! yes i want to be thin, but the consequences of having my mind think this way are awful...





Please, just take this into consideration, every day is a struggle for me, EVERY DAY!





Please do not misunderstand this illness for something it is not. Anorexia is very serious, not only life threatening in the terms of potential death but it is life threatening in the terms of it ruins your quality of life...


I just wanted to add one more thing: most modeling companies will not sign you if there is ANY signs that you may be anorexic... they know how serious these illnesses are and don't want to see people get hurt....How to hide my eating disorder from parents?
the first stage of major depression issues is denial. you wont beleive anybody who tells you anything and i am VERY sure that nobody will give you the answer you want to here, so dont expect any good answers for this question. every single person will tell you the same thing and deep down you know it: this is wrong, its not normal, you need help, you need to realise a few home truths. also, NOBODY has ever become a model unless they believe in themselves to begin with, its actually quite healthy to be slightly delusional and big headed, but no way is it ever good for you to hate yourself, not like who you are or what you look like, and in no way is it ever going to be right to say u dont care about life.' quite frankly, i know you have problems but yo need to know that you have a BIG problem that wont go away by starving yourself, dressing like a tart and getting your photo in grazia.


i dont usually like taking this harsh approach, but wake up and smell the coffee.
you shouldnt do that, it is really not healthy





and trust me, u do wanna live, everyone wants to live. just cuz u say iu dont care, doesnt mean that u actualy dont
you're not gonna ever get to be a model if you die, and you're already way too underweight and at risk.
FACT: At 5'11'; and 132 lbs., you are already 23 lbs. UNDER WEIGHT. You want to be thinner? For who? For what? Guys don't like girls that are too skinny, and the chances of becoming a successful model are one in a million.





Why don't you look for a potential career that will stimulate your mind? Even if you were to become a model, your career wouldn't even last ten years. What will you do for the REST of your life? Get an education, find something you're passionate about, and treat your body well.





So you say you don't give a ';freak'; about dying...well how do you feel about LIVING in hell?





People with eating disorders:


GROW EXTRA BODY HAIR!


You can become CONSTIPATED, have CRAMPS, BLOATING, and even INCONTINENCE (pissing yourself).


You can LOSE THE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD (know any sexy bald ladies?)


Your SKIN will become DRY AND PATCHY.


You can TEAR your ESOPHAGUS (try kissing someone when you鈥檝e got a hole in your throat.)


You will be TIRED ALL THE TIME.


Your FACE WILL SWELL.


You can have SEIZURES.


You will become even more DEPRESSED.


If you're bulimic your TEETH FALL OUT and you get GUM DISEASE.


If you use laxatives you SMELL LIKE POO.





Check out this website for even more info. You are messing around with something very serious here.


http://www.edreferral.com/consequences_o鈥?/a>
First of all, did you really think any responsible human being would tell you how to hide an eating disorder that's slowing killing you, from your parents?





Besides, it sounds like your parents already know, so what's there to hide? You said yourself you already told her ';your facts.';





You said you don't care about dying so nothing we can say, strangers, is really going to change your decision, right? I just hope someone who you love and who loves you will help you open your eyes.





I've been there. For six years, I wasted my life on a stupid eating disorder. It won't bring you happiness, just like sex won't, drugs won't,...it just won't. Temporary happiness is nothing like the real thing.





And JaneJane's right. I'm way more hairy and it's nasty :/

No comments:

Post a Comment