Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do i tell my friends and Parents that i am dating long distance?

I'm 16. And i met him about 2 weeks ago by a friend. I really like him but he lives in a different state.


He asked me out and i said yes.


How do i tell?How do i tell my friends and Parents that i am dating long distance?
Did you meet him in person or online?!


I personally think that if you have not met him in person, there's no way you guys can call that ';dating';. You don't even know how he acts, what he looks like in person, how tall he is, if you can stand him for a few hours, etc. Plus, you won't even be able to do couple stuff, like hangout, cuddle, kiss, etc. So, if your parents are really open to the idea of meeting people online, you can just tell them like you would tell them if you were dating a local boy. Don't forget to tell them how you met, how much he means to you, etc. But, if they aren't open to meeting people online, do it slowly. Start by telling them how you met and how nice he is. A week after, tell them how much he means to you. Another week after, tell them he asked you out and you said yes, and that you know you won't see him and what long distance relationships are about.


If you met him in person before, I guess you could just tell them like the guys was a local boy.


But, let me warn you first. Your friend will probably think you are crazy for going out with someone you can't touch and lives far away. At first, this will hurt you, but, with times, you'll get over it. As for your parents, they'll either want you to stop talking/';dating'; him or they'll let you ';date'; him and think you'll get over it as soon as you met a local guy.


Let me give you a few advices though. Don't send him naughty stuff. If you ever plan to meet him, tell your friends and parents where you are meeting him. Don't go alone. Ask a few friends to come at the same place you are going, but to sit near you. Makes sure you friend who introduce you to him knows about your long distance relationship, so if something happens, she can tell his e-mail adress to your parents or police. I know you're old enough to know all this stuff, but I don't want anything to happen to you even though I have no idea who you are. I just hate to see missing children/person on tv, so that's why I'm telling you this.

No comments:

Post a Comment