Thursday, January 21, 2010

What wisdom did you learn from your parents?

What life lessons from your parents/grandparents/legal guardians do you still hold dear to your heart? What philosophy stood out as the best advice?What wisdom did you learn from your parents?
You have the rest of your life to grow grass.. so let the kids play all they want on the lawn.... the grass will grow back.. but you won't get that time back with your kids....What wisdom did you learn from your parents?
not to get married
To work as hard as you can for what you want. Nothing is given to you...it has to be earned.
my mother told me once when i was complaining that someone was being an ******, she said, ';yeah, honey, the world is full of *******. you have to decide how you're going to handle them. will they all make you so mad you throw things, or will you find another way?';





i have a feeling i'll be telling my daughter that, too, one day.
date older men
Be true to yourself and you'll never be let down!!
i learned everything i know from them.. best piece of advice ever.. be yourself, don't let people tell you who to be and always keep striving for more.. dont give up and dont ever accept just ok
If someone is bugging you, keep smiling sweetly. It will drive them absolutely crazy.
I base my life on their teachings. I can't pin it down to one thing... so I guess the best advice is ';listen to them';.





(my parents are definitely worth listening to)
some of the guys down at the shelter (where i grew up) taught me how to take pieces of soap and put them in bags. you can sell them for rediculous prices to people who want crack but, it's not really crack so, you don't have to worry about going to jail or anything. oh yeah, my uncle marty taught me how to wrestle when i was five. hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Honor thy father and thy mother.
I was in the car with my grandma when I was probably 13 or 14, we were sitting at an intersection waiting to pull out onto the main highway. A large truck came through, on the other side of it and slightly behind it was a car that couldn't be seen because of the truck. My grandma pointed it out to me, and said, ';That's what you call a sleeper . . . there's a lot of sleepers you have to watch out for in life.';
i learned alcoholics %26amp; drug addicts hurt not just themslves, but the whole family.My children come first%26amp; that is a love that surpasses any form of addiction.Considering my childhood i think i did pretty good.My grandmother use to tell me I was not better than anyone - i guess i was misunderstood - i was very shy -but as an adult i understand i am better morally at least -money does NOT make the man.
There are uncountable number of lessons I learnt from my parents.. most of which I wouldn't even realize b'coz I took them unconciously.


But the concept of unending sacrifice for ur loved ones is the one that I think stands out.
Never awaken the passed out drunk daddy. Just step over him and hope he drank enough to stay passed out for a long time.
there will be two choises, or repeat life of your parents only in different pictures or create your own individuality and individual path... we are all have an impulse to create and be individuals to do so we actually repeating mistakes of our parents, whom repeat mistakes of their parents, and so on. Vicious circle.
dont care what people who dont matter think... and be patient
Use patience and persistence with liberty, treat everyone with respect and the curtesy of a smile, be prepared for everything, and bring plenty of underwear.
It's the little things that matter....from my grandfather.
Respect everyone. Love ';the least of these.'; Take care of one another. Laugh a lot.
Everyone lets you down sooner or later including yourself, so don't judge anyone; we're all just frail humans; we all fall down. The philosophy of compassion and forgiveness stand predominate in my mind, forgive everything and be free. Thank you for this question.
I learned a lot of things from my parents. I learned how to be a great parent, friend, and role model. I learned to be loyal and trustworthy. I learned compassion and kindness. My mother's advice when dealing with difficult people was always: ';Kill them with kindness.'; That replays in my mind whenever I am confronted with conflict.
None actually
I learned that the phrase ';youll understand when you get older'; doesnt apply to me, 24 now, but somehow I knew it wouldn't when I was 12. I haven't learned anything from them. However parents values and morales pass on automatically and for that I am grateful since my parents are good people.
honor your father and mother who gave you birth. to love your neighbors and fellow man. and worship the true god. if you practice these things you will have peace in your conscience. this way you can get along with everyone as far as it depends on. we cant please everyone so if someone does not like you ,or i walk away that is their problem. NEVER, gossip about people. this will only cause you grief. and could ruin ones character. respect the elderly. as well as the young. take in knowledge you can never learn enough!!! go for your goals and make them a reality. the good book has your best advice!thanks Kat
From my maternal grandmother: ';If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all.';





From my paternal grandmother: ';Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.';





From my Dad: ';Never give up.';





From my Mom: ';Patience is a virtue.';
';Dont take sweets from strangers.';
the importance of honesty and being loyal.
ABC's, it helped me passs kndergarden! lol
You are who you hang with.





I always thought it was a stupid saying until I grew up and looked at my past.
dont have kids too early. make sure ur life is stable. because it will affect the child's life, and u will be very stressed

No comments:

Post a Comment