Thursday, January 21, 2010

What do you do when your husband parents completely different from you?

and it's affecting your children's behavior?





He's very inconsistent, gives in to tantrums easily, lets him do things he shouldn't do... basically takes the easy way out when it comes to parenting. I don't expect perfection, but we have two toddlers and a newborn and I need his help!What do you do when your husband parents completely different from you?
You guys have to communicate. The 2 of you need to sit down and talk about the rules and stick by them. The kids need consistency and a regular routine. The 2 of you have got to work together. I have a husband who I had to talk to about the same thing. I think all couple go through this situation but communication and consistency is the key.What do you do when your husband parents completely different from you?
Here's what will happen if you don't both agree on what to do... You'll forever be the ';enforcer'; or bad guy. he will be the one the kids go to when they want something and know he'll give in. He'll probably say ';go ask your mom'; or ';It's okay with me if it's okay with her,'; and then that'll make you even more the bad guy when you say no. And that's not fair!





My parents were a bit like this. I could always get what I wanted from my mom, but never my dad. Kids learn how to exploit weaknesses!!





I don't know what will make him change, but good luck!
JUST PRAY EVERY DAY!
Talk, talk, TALK! My hubby was like this at first when my daughter was born...I would go out and do the shopping, come home find out he let her skip a nap and then by 6:00 all h--- would break loose!





Once we talked it out, he saw the importance of consistency and routine, so thankfully he got on board. It also helped that I had some examples of parents in our lives to point out to him as people who were not on the same wavelength and look what it did to their kids behavior.





Good luck!
You two need to get this figured out yesterday!





When your children get a little older (very little older) they will figure out how to pit one parent against the other to get what they want. Every child tries this manipulative behavior at least once, but if the child gets satisfaction from it, the behavior is reinforced and before long, you've got a big problem on your hands.





Parents HAVE to be on the same page, as far as discipline goes. Read books, talk to counselors, have big talks, do whatever you need, but get it figured out.
  • eye makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment