Thursday, January 21, 2010

What are some of the ridiculous lies parents tell little kids?

I am trying to collect a list of all the little lies parents tell their kids in order to get them to behave or just to avoid telling them the awkward truth. I am also looking for the crazy ones that don't seem to have a reason.What are some of the ridiculous lies parents tell little kids?
eat your crusts and it will make your hair curly


carrots help you see in the dark


don't swallow bubble gum or it will stay in you forever


or the one my Uncle told me ';don't pick up worms, they bite'; to this day I can't pick up worms even though I now know this is untrue LOLWhat are some of the ridiculous lies parents tell little kids?
This is so funny. I am now a mum and i so repeat what my olds use to say. Its funny. My favourites are:


1. Clean your ears or potatos will grow in them


2. Dont run aorund in the nude or the dicky bird will come and peck it off


3. Stop playing with your doodle or it will fall off


4. Crusts make your hair go curly and put hairs on your chest


5. carrots will help you see in the dark


6. If you swallow bubble gum you will blow bubbles out your bottom.


7. We buy babies from Target when theyare on sale.
If you don't go to college, you'll never get a job.
Scene one:


';Mommy, where do babies come from?';


';Trees.';


';Where?';


';Philadelphia, babies grow off of trees, from Philadelphia.';


O_x


Scene two:


';Tehehehehehe, come on _________ lets go to Disneyland!';


';OKAY!!!';


1 hour later


';Hey this ain't Disneyland. =O, NOOOO!! I dont wanna go to the Dentist!!!';


Scene Three:


';Daddy can I have this!!';


';Yah, Tommorrow';


A gazillian years later....


';DAAADD can i have this!!!';


';Ehhh sure, Tommorrow =]';


Scene 4:


';But mom....... i dont wanna eat my veggies.';


';If you dont eat your veggies..... You'll die.';





%26gt;=D
I hate when parents try to control kids in public by using Police Officers as threats.


My mom always used to say that if I kept wandering off the Police would come and take me away. That instilled distrust of Police which should not be taught to young children.
Behave or I'll raise grandma from the dead and she'll kiss you alllllllllll over.
If you don't behave SANTA CLAUSE is not bring you anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when a kid won't go to bed they tell em they don't have to they can just lay there all night awake five minutes n there out no complaining about not wanting to sleep
When I was small, my parents told me there was a bus that would stop by and take me away if I didn't go to sleep. Funny, they couldn't figure out why I was having so many nightmares.
If you crack your knuckles, you'll develop arthritis.





If you make faces, your face might freeze that way.





Swallowed gum stays in your stomach for seven years.
i am 12 i think what parents do they are tryin to protect the child but sometimes they dont understand so yeah im srry
i hate it when parents bribe their kids into behaving. like i will give you a candy bar if you be quiet...or anything stupid like that.
';Let's pull your baby teeth out, so the toothfairy can give you lots of money under your pillow while you sleep!';





';If you been bad, Santa Clause won't give you presents for christmas this year.';





';Come on ____ %26lt;-- childs name, were going to Disneylad (or somewhere they love to go) hurry get ready and lets go!'; - then really take them somewhere they hate going, ex: dentist, doctor checkup, grandparents house, etc..





';If you don't clean your room, it will cause rats to live there.';





';If you get straight A's i'll buy you anything you want.'; - could be sarcasm, if so take them to Denney's XD





';If you don't take a bath, mommy/daddy won't have clothes to clean!';





';Do you homework first, then you can watch TV.'; - could be sarcasm, if so after their homework make them clean their room then they can watch TV; or other chores.





- thats all I can think of right now. Have fun!
ah.. here it goes...





1. ';We have seen the world';


2. ';when i was ur age, i did a lot';


3. ';if i had behaved like you, my parents would have killed me';


4. ';you dont even have an idea how lucky u r to have us as your parents';


5. ';we can do anything for you';


6. ';we love you'; and all that blah .....

No comments:

Post a Comment