Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is it possible to become a foster parent for a child in an orphanage?

My husband and I want to adopt and have been to two orphanages and contacted a few adoption agencies. We have only received referals for older children, we even met an adorable 5 year old boy in the orphanage and just fell in love with him right away.


Since there are so many things to consider while adopting an older child, we are still very confused but would like to start a family as soon as possible.


We have thought about fostering the boy we met or another child for a while to see how compatible we are as a family and to test out the situation and see if this is what we really want and if this is what we really need in our lives right now.


Is this possible?


If so, what would I have to do? Whom should I contact?





Do you think being a foster parent is a good idea?Is it possible to become a foster parent for a child in an orphanage?
Yup! I'm a foster mom of 4 and have three of my own. Love it!! You'll have to work this stuff out with the orphanage though because most foster kids are in the state system. They are wards of the stateIs it possible to become a foster parent for a child in an orphanage?
I guess I have a few questions for you? Are you settling for an older child. Seems like you want a newborn. I have an adopted son who is almost 2 but I got him the second he was born. I was actually got to help deliver him. There are a lot of agencies that deal with women when they are still pregnant and you can actually go to the doctors visits with them etc.





I am not saying there is anything wrong with older children but they do come with a lot emotional baggage. And they are a great addition to your family, but I think it is better to start with a newborn just for the whole experience. Than you could adopt or foster older kids later.





Here is the agency I used. They have a few different locations throughout the US. They give you free counseling etc. http://www.adoptionhelp.org/
if your going to tell a perfectly capable woman that she should abort her unborn child u dont deserve a child! Fostering is a great idea just not for you!
excellent idea!! There's alot of kids that are in need of good, loving homes. Try and contact your local child protective agency about becomeing a foster parent. They would be able to give you information on how to get licesenced. Children in ophanages are still in the state system. After becoming a foster parent to these children you can adopt if you choose.
whoah, they still have orphanages??? are you talking in the US?

No comments:

Post a Comment