Saturday, January 23, 2010

How many people have gone against their parents wishes for their wedding plans and regretted it?

Have you got married or planned your wedding and had a difference of opinion with your parents? has it been over things like $ or religion? what, what, when, how's invited etc.? and if so what was the outcome and how would you have done things differently?





I am coming to the conclusion that it's my way or the highway, in other words i'd rather just not have the wedding if I can't have what I want and I will resent them anyway, therefore everyone misses out, so it's a loose loose.How many people have gone against their parents wishes for their wedding plans and regretted it?
If you are over 18 and footing the bill for the wedding, then you should have the wedding you want. If parents are paying and they won't honor what your wishes are (as long as they are realistic and you aren't sending them to the poor house), then maybe go with something very simple. I haven't had the issue but a close girlfriend of mine had parents who where paying for everything and pretty much veto'd every thing she wanted. It became a nightmare. Mom picked out the colors of her bridesmaid dresses because the bright pink the bride wanted didn't ';match'; the fall time of year. Mom argued her way into the cake flavors, even who the photographer was. 3 weeks before the wedding, my girlfriend eloped because it was causing her so much stress. She went through with the ';wedding'; and gave her Mom a copy of their real wedding certificate as a ';thank you'; gift a few days later.How many people have gone against their parents wishes for their wedding plans and regretted it?
My inlaws had very specific ideas about my wedding as did my mother and grandmother. So my hubby and I worked hard to make it as accommodating to everyone as possible.





However when we went to the reception we realised that my mother inlaw had gone behind our backs with our reception venue and rearranged it to her satisfaction.





Nine years later I am still upset about the sneakiness of what happened. Our wedding day (and leading up to it) was a nightmare. Looking back, I wished we had eloped but at the time I was scared that I would regret it.
If you are paying for your own wedding what is the problem choose what u want and go for it now if your parents are paying the bill in any way shouldn't they have some say? They just want the day to be perfect as you do. no it might not be the same ideas you have but couldn't you incorporate some of what they want into the wedding? You are making it way more difficult than it has to be. The day is about marrying your man not about how big or how much the wedding cost by the time its all said and done you will be married and all the money is now gone. You can both have what u want but one of u has to give a little and if u don't like ur parents ideas than don't accept their money and pay for it yourself. you sound like a bridezilla if u can't be happy no is going to be. It's about marrying ur life long partner not about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment