Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do go about getting an absent parent to sign there rights over?

I have a daughter and she is 5 now. Her dad doesn't help me do anything and I want him to sign his rights over. I don't recieve any child support...there is an child support order, but he lies about his employment so he won't have to pay. What are some of my options and how do I go about getting this dead beat dad to sign his rights over?How do go about getting an absent parent to sign there rights over?
Do you have a spouse who wants to adopt your daughter? If you do file paperwork for termination of rights and adoption papers. If there is not someone wanting to adopt your daughter most states will not terminate the rights of the father. However, you can file for sole custody if you can show he is a negligent father.


When you file for adoption the state will require you to run an ad in a newspaper for a certain length of time which allows him to contest the adoption. My advice would be to have an attorney contact him and offer to forgive back child support if he signs his rights over to your spouse. this allows the adoption to move much faster, otherwise it can take a year or more to finalize. An attorney will be able to locate him by using a private investigator so don't worry if you don't know. where he is. Contact a good attorney in your area. My own experiences have taught me that he who has the best attorney wins their case.How do go about getting an absent parent to sign there rights over?
My sister had that same problem. Her baby's dad was nowhere to be found so there are some legal actions you can take to get him out of the picture. She didn't know where he disappeared too so she had to put something in the newspaper to notify him that he will be removed from the birth certificate or something and if he wanted to object he could but more then likely they don't see it or don't care now my sister has since been remarried and her daughter has been adopted by her new husband



I'm going through the same thing my daughter's sperm donor is in prison and he refuse to sign over his rights, he didn't do anything for her and probably won't do anything when he gets out. It's extremely frustrating when they do things out of spite. I would love to know how to do this without him having to sign, I live in Texas and the law is screwed up here so it might not change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment