Friday, December 25, 2009

Why do some parents push their children into seeing the other parent?

I don't understand why some parents seem to think that their children want to see their mother or father that really has nothing to do with them.





My mother used to send me over to my abusive fathers house ... And my MIL keeps trying to push my husband into seeing his father that he has no relationship with.





I don't understand the parents thoughts on why their kids need to see this person they don't like or even want to know... Is it the parent wants a relationship with that other parent, jealousy .. What?Why do some parents push their children into seeing the other parent?
At some level it usually has something to do with the no regrets aspect. Which goes something like this, if I try to encourage a relationship with ';Johnny'; and his Dad and it doesn't work out at least I tried and then it's Dads fault not mine or if Dad dies then at least we tried to forge a relationship and we know we cant say ';What if I'd tried to get along with Dad';Why do some parents push their children into seeing the other parent?
When they're little, it's actually the promise %26amp; responsibility of each parent to encourage their children to have the best possible relationship with the other parent. It's good for the kids to know that their parents support each other as parents, even if they are no longer romantically involved with each other.
When I was a teenager, my mum would make me go to be a kind of spy, and I swore that I would never be like that to my kids. Now, I make sure my boys c their father, to keep up a good relationship, and I never quiz them on what they've been doing. A friend of mine's kids live with their mother, and can't wait to go to their dad's house cos her new partner is awful. Goes both ways i spose. We just have to try to be good parents at the end of the day.
I never really understood that either but I never had to deal with it because my mom didn't really want me to see my dad.... and neither did I .... I think it should be the kids choice...I made the choice and feel my life is alot easier...
Well in some cases the parents have no choice - if there is a visitation order through the court they have to send the child. And if they dont they can go to jail.And as for others perhaps they think the child should at least give the other parent a chance to have a relationship as an adult -since they had little when they were children.
I personally don't do that. The last thing I want is my daughter's father to influence her. He's no good, and neither is his family, so we have limited contact with them. The only reason we have ANY contact whatsoever is cuz he initiates it when he wants to. I'd rather he go jump off a cliff and be gone for good. I feel my daughter's better off without him.
i never got along with my father. didn't care if i saw him or not. my brother never got along with my mom didn't care to see her or not. my mom made me go see my dad where my dad told my bro he didn't have too. now to answer ur question. ppl change.. my mother passed its been 2 yrs and my brother hates him self for not making the effort to know who she was. my father feels just as bad. he says just cause he hated my mom he shouldn't of kept my brother from her... because ppl change and sometimes the love you get is worth it in the end. that's why parents make u. they are hoping.
that parent doesn't want the responsibility
A lot of times it has to do with a court order. My ex really doesn't have a lot to do with our daughter - and she really could care less - but by court order, he gets her every other weekend. She usually doesn't want to go, but usually has a decent time when she does. It's more about not wanting to miss something at our house rather than not wanting to go with her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment